JOB TITLE: Sales Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Sales VP Sales
Kount is seeking a bright, high-energy, and analytically inclined, metrics drive, self-motivated Sales Development Manager in Boise, ID to help us grow our sales pipeline and manage daily activity for our Sales Development team. Reporting to the SVP of Sales, the Sales Development Manager works closely with the multiple internal stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Product Marketing and Sales Operations on building/managing the infrastructure needed to ensure their team is successful in meeting assigned goals. The role will play an integral part in developing a repeatable sales model that drives predictable revenue at volumes needed to fuel the company’s growth.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage Sales Development organization to goals, objectives and quota achievement.
- Manage a diverse mix of territory-based sales development positions who support various direct and indirect sales channels with the responsibility of inbound and outbound tele-prospecting.
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs (note: successful SDRs are promoted to sales positions within one to two years, making hiring and training a particularly important function).
- Manage outside tele-prospecting agencies for lead generation.
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes and metrics.
- Manage territory assignment while planning for future growth.
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and internal prospecting tools.
- Compile weekly/monthly team reports, modify as needed.
- Proactively work to improve the cadence and output of the sales development team as we grow Kount’s market share in the industry.
- Work closely with the sales team and sales management to ensure a positive working relationship that maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development team.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to create a repeatable outbound prospecting model and manage outbound prospecting funnel to ensure outbound prospecting goals are met.
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales management, preferably in high technology based products and/or services.
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth environment.
- Proven track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated Sales Development environment.
- Experience with start-up environments and highly-transactional sales models.
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound teleprospecting methodologies in high technology based products and/or services.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor sales development reps and interns.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
JOB CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.