JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Software Engineering Manager
Kount ® is a leading innovator of solutions for fraud and risk management. Kount delivers an all-in-one fraud and risk management solution for companies that have card-not-present environments looking to simplify their fraud/risk operations while dramatically improving bottom line results. Kount provides a single, turnkey fraud solution that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Kount’s proprietary technology has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and provides maximum protection for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Kount has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in our Boise, Idaho office.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will join a team of bright, hard-working engineers who are using OOP and Agile processes to design and implement unique solutions to emerging market problems. The candidate should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that has a passion for web development, can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable.
- Develop SaaS solutions as a member of an Agile Project Team.
- Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from Analysis & Design all the way through to successful Deployment.
- Apply development and testing best practices to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
- Communicate clearly and collaborate with the team on both individual and group projects.
- Work closely with technical writers and the team to document features and changes.
- Demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship and help foster an engineering culture focused on building high quality products and software.
- Design software solutions that adhere to software architecture principles and support long term technical vision.
- Provide consistent and effective mentoring to other Developers.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Demonstrate multiple areas of subject matter expertise and ownership of Kount’s Services.
- Own completion of significant scope projects with little direction.
- Provide technical leadership to assigned agile team.
- Model positive behaviors including innovation, teamwork, customer focus, and effective, respectful, and honest communication.
- Make significant contributions to software development organization and to company technology interest groups.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years professional software development experience in a web-based environment, preferably SaaS delivery model.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering high quality software solutions.
- Expert knowledge of general Internet technologies including HTML, REST, HTTP, CSS, sessions, etc.
- Expert in at least one modern, structured programming language like PHP5, Java, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL systems.
- Experience upgrading legacy systems to scale horizontally.
- Background working with internet scale web systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache, Linux, and UNIX tools/utilities (bash, cron).
- Experience with frameworks such as spring, django, rails, zend, cakephp, a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in collaborative team environment.
- Project leadership experience a plus.
- Background in credit card and financial services a plus.
- Including links to open source contributions, GitHub or other portfolio resources during application process is strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge and experience with OWASP Web Security Certification Criteria, OWASP testing guidelines, and PCI Data Security Standards is preferred.
- Interest in contributing to designing and implementing next-generation payment tokenization strategy and other application security concerns is preferred.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages in a cool work environment with a relaxed dress code.
If you are great at what you do and love doing it, keep up on latest technologies, have self-discipline for doing things right, understand standards and best practices and why they are important, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer