JOB TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Software Engineer
Kount ® is a leading innovator of solutions for fraud and risk management. Kount delivers an all-in-one fraud and risk management solution for companies that have card-not-present environments looking to simplify their fraud/risk operations while dramatically improving bottom line results. Kount provides a single, turnkey fraud solution that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Kount’s proprietary technology has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and provides maximum protection for some of the world’s best-known brands.
Kount has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in our Boise, Idaho office.
Job Summary: The successful candidate will join a team of bright, hard-working engineers who are using OOP and Agile processes to design and implement unique solutions to emerging market problems. The candidate should have extensive e-commerce development experience covering a wide-range of concerns, and the ability to write elegant code both individually and as part of a team.
- Design software solutions that adhere to software architecture principles and support long term technical vision.
- Develop SaaS solutions using PHP5/Oracle on UNIX/Apache as a member of an Agile Project Team.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Apply development and testing best practices (e.g. Refactoring, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, Profiling, APM) to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
- Communicate clearly and collaborate with the team on both individual and group projects.
- Work closely with technical writers and the team to document features and changes.
- Help foster an engineering culture focused on building high quality products and software.
- Provide technical mentoring to other Developers.
- Develop subject matter expertise and ownership for a section of Kount’s Services.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years professional software development experience in a web-based environment, preferable SaaS delivery model.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering software solutions.
- Expert knowledge of general Internet technologies including HTML, REST, HTTP, CSS, sessions, etc.
- Expert in at least one modern structured programming language like PHP5, Java, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL systems.
- Experience upgrading legacy systems to scale horizontally.
- Background working with internet scale web systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache, Linux, and UNIX tools/utilities (bash, cron).
- Experience with frameworks such as spring, django, rails, zend, cakephp, a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, and desire to work in collaborative team environment.
- Project leadership experience a plus.
- Background in credit card, financial services or Fraud a plus.
- Including links to open source contributions, github or other portfolio resources during application process is strongly encouraged.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages in a cool work environment with a relaxed dress code.
If you are great at what you do and love doing it, keep up on latest technologies, have self-discipline for doing things right, understand standards
and best practices and why they are important, send your resume to email@example.com.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.