Fast, Accurate Protection Against Fraud While Boosting Sales
For digital goods merchants, advances in e-commerce and m-commerce increase the difficulty of detecting fraudulent transactions. For marketers, fraud becomes an even bigger concern when it impacts the quality of the purchasing experience.
A friction-free purchasing experience keeps customers coming back for more. Kount has been helping digital merchants Boost Sales and Beat Fraud™ for years with features such as:
- 300 millisecond response time
- Any payment type reviewed
- Easy rule customization and implementation
- Mobile device detection & mobile SDK for custom development
- Reduced or eliminated manual review of orders
- Reviewing transactions from more than 180 countries
Within seven months of implementation, Kount helped Spotify expand internationally to 40+ new countries. The number of chargebacks dropped immediately and dramatically from 10% chargeback rate on e-card transactions to 0.1% - 0.2%. Bottom line: Spotify eliminated USD $145,000 in monthly chargebacks costs and lost revenues.
When chargebacks/losses totaled over $26,000 in a single month, CD Baby turned to Kount. After implementing the Kount Complete™ solution, chargebacks fell dramatically, down to just $850 a month the first full quarter that the solution was in place.
Download the case study
Simply fill out the form below and you will receive a download link in an email.
Accept More Orders with Kount
Real-Time Analysis and Scoring
Customers don’t want to wait for downloads to start. Many 3rd party fraud systems and in-house systems simply don’t work optimally in today’s “instant demand” environment.
The Kount Score is a highly accurate way to quantify the risk of fraudulent activity drawing from global information on billions of purchase attempts. The Kount Risk Inquiry System generates the Kount Score pulling from hundreds of data points in an average of just 300 milliseconds, for every transaction.
Multiple Interlocking Technologies
Fraudsters are smart, sophisticated and determined to steal from you. That’s why the Kount platform uses dozens of techniques and patented technologies to stop fraud before losses occur.
The Kount award-winning platform includes features such as: active and passive device identification (including mobile device ID), velocity checks, IP geo-location, proxy detection and Persona™ linking technology to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. And, the AutoAgent™ feature eliminates the need for time consuming manual order reviews.
Order Linking and Dynamic Scoring™
Order Linking reveals hidden connections between multiple transactions originating from the same fraudster or criminal network in real time. Kount uses patented technology to show associations that are proven to be risky and fraudulent.
Dynamic Scoring™ is a feature that monitors a transaction for signs of fraudulent activity even after a transaction has been approved. This “post-authorization” process has proven highly successful at associating subsequent suspicious activity to previous purchases. The merchant can evaluate the order and decline to ship—avoiding the loss of the goods and a chargeback.
SCHEDULE A DEMO
Increase conversions today, schedule a live demo.
At Kount, even our customers find it hard to believe that our Kount Complete™ solution works as well as it does. So, why not see for yourself? In just a few minutes we’ll show you how better fraud detection and prevention can lead to increased sales, fewer orders declined and operational efficiencies that reduce the overall cost of your fraud/risk mitigation process. Make every transaction Kount.
Request a demo today and a Kount representative with contact you to schedule an appointment.
Ready to see more?
Start streamlining your fraud and risk management operation today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- My products are downloaded instantly upon order approval, I can’t wait for a fraud review, how long does Kount take?
- Kount was born in the digital goods and digital delivery space. We understand that delays during checkout mean lost revenue. That’s why the entire Kount process takes just 300 milliseconds. No wait for you or your customers.
- I have a problem with “card testers.” How can Kount help?
- The Kount platform looks at hundreds of data elements to determine if each transaction is valid. This includes technologies like device ID, velocity checks, IP proxy and geolocation. Card testers are quickly identified and denied approvals so you don’t see fraudulent transactions that turn into chargebacks.
- We offer free trials and free downloads that do not require a payment up front, can Kount still help me reduce access to fraudsters?
- Yes. Kount looks at more elements than the payment type to help determine the validity of a transaction. Our patented technology reviews all aspects of a transaction to help you work with only legitimate customers and prospects.
- We use a 3D Secure type process (Verified by Visa®, MasterCard® SecureCode™, etc.), isn’t that enough to reduce my fraud?
- 3D Secure-type products can help reduce fraud, but they often cause a reduction in conversion rates at checkout. Requiring the customer to go through additional steps during the checkout process results in lower conversions and reduced revenues. Kount works in the background so customers don’t need to fill out additional forms or remember passwords to complete their purchase. Several Kount customers have mentioned that they have reduced the need or eliminated their 3D Secure option altogether since implementing Kount. (See the Jagex Case Study)
- Our customers have begun moving to the mobile channel very rapidly, does Kount offer mobile fraud reduction?
- Kount has several ways to protect your mobile transactions. Kount determines whether or not the transaction is originating from a mobile device, provides detailed information about that device such as active and passive device ID, location, etc., and reviews the transaction in the same manner as any other transaction with the additional benefit of creating specific rules for mobile devices that match your business strategy. If you are developing your own app, Kount also offers a Mobile Software Developers Kit (SDK) for ease of adding fraud protection.