Online Retailers Make More Money with Kount
Online retailers make more money with Kount because we allow online retailers to approve and accept more good orders.
Looking to expand to new international markets? Kount has reviewed billions of transactions in various currencies and in more than 180 countries around the world.
Kount has been helping online retailers Boost Sales and Beat Fraud™ for years with features such as:
- 300 millisecond response time that doesn’t slow transaction approvals
- Single platform interface for ease of implementation and ease of use
- Mobile device detection with mobile SDK for custom development
- Reduced need for manual review and a simple one-screen interface
After deploying Kount, the chargeback rate for The Source dropped by 43%—from 0.8% to 0.45%. The other good news? The number of manual reviews has been cut in half—from 18% of transactions to 9%—with the time spent on each review reduced substantially.
After implementation of the Kount platform and configuration of custom rules within the fraud control console, Micro Center saw dramatic improvement. They increased on-line sales by 23%—with a projected growth of 30% by year end—while reducing chargebacks by 72%.
Inside of 6 weeks, BustedTees’ chargeback rates were lower than they had ever been, and they were out of a chargeback fine program. In addition, the Kount Complete™ system helped BustedTees reduce the number of manual reviews by nearly 30%... from 10% of orders to just 7–8%. Kount provides so much more data that 90% of the time; a review takes just 30 seconds.
Download the case studies
Simply fill out the form below and you will receive a download link in an email.
Accept More Orders with Kount
Real-Time Analysis and Scoring
Keeping customers waiting for a transaction approval means lower conversion rates, high abandonment and less revenue for you.
Kount reviews hundreds of variables that cross-reference the transaction with millions of data points around the world looking for any association with risky behavior that could result in a chargeback.
The Kount Score is a highly accurate prediction of fraudulent activity using information from more than two billion purchase attempts. It is generated in an average of just 300 milliseconds for friction-free checkout.
Risk Decision Rules Engine
The Risk Decision Rules Engine is used to validate good customers and approve their orders in real-time, making the process for your best and most valuable customers completely seamless.
Kount’s proprietary rules engine utilizes more than 200 data variables from each transaction, out of the box. These data variables can be customized into multi-level rules and designed to match your business strategy and tolerance for risk. Kount also accepts unlimited User Defined Fields so you can provide data specific to your individual business needs.
Multi-Layer Device Fingerprinting™ and Proxy Piercer™
Multi-Layer Device Fingerprinting™ collects a comprehensive set of data that positively identifies a device in real time, whether fixed or mobile. Most importantly, Kount does all this without retrieving the user’s Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
The Proxy Piercer® feature combats fraudsters who use proxy servers to hide their actual location.
The Kount platform includes other features such as: Mobile Device ID, velocity checks, affiliate monitoring and Persona™ technology to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. And, the AutoAgent™ feature reduces the need for time consuming manual order reviews.
Order Linking reveals hidden connections between multiple transactions originating from the same fraudster or group of fraudsters. Wherever they try to steal around the globe, Kount sees it and keeps them from infiltrating your system. Order Linking uses patented technology to show several types of associations that are proven to be risky and fraudulent.
These technologies help dramatically reduce chargebacks and refund rates. They also help foil known fraud rings that target websites with repeat attacks.
Real-time Search and Business Intelligence
All of these components work together to collect and create a large amount of data about your customers. You now have access to valuable device data, CRM data, shopping cart data, payment data, supply chain data and more in one easy to use system.
With Kount’s business intelligence tools you can find the “hidden relationships” within your own customer base to enhance sales and marketing opportunities, increase customer satisfaction and monitor the over health of your ecommerce system.
Schedule a Demo
Increase conversions today, schedule a live demo.
At Kount, even our customers find it hard to believe that our Kount Complete™ solution works as well as it does. So, why not see for yourself? In just a few minutes we’ll show you how better fraud detection and prevention can lead to increased sales, fewer orders declined and operational efficiencies that reduce the overall cost of your fraud/risk mitigation process. Make every transaction Kount.
Request a demo today and a Kount representative will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Ready to see more?
Start streamlining your fraud and risk management operation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I use 3D Secure on my checkout page, which seems to result in abandonment and bank declines too often, does Kount require 3D Secure?
- Kount does not require 3D Secure. In fact, several customers have turned 3D Secure type technologies completely off (except when required by regulation) and seen fraudulent transaction decrease and conversions increase.
- How does Kount maximize my accepted orders?
- By giving you better visibility into each transaction, Kount can reduce the number of declined transactions that may have previously looked suspicious. Kount also reduces false positives and the need for manual review.
- My current system is too slow and inaccurate, which leads to lost orders. How long does Kount take to review and approve, decline or review an order?
- Kount’s initial review and approval takes just 300 milliseconds, on average. If the order triggers a rule or rules that require further review, Kount’s AutoAgent may go out to third party resources to complete the review, typically adding another 1-3 seconds. When an order requires further review, the manual review process is streamlined with Kount’s advanced order management system.
- Can I see my PC, mobile and phone orders with Kount?
- Yes, Kount has visibility into any channel you may be using, any device that transacts with your site including mobile, gaming, TV and any other Internet connected device.
- How can I stop “card testers” with Kount?
- Kount’s real time analytics identifies card testers and declines them automatically. Then, Kount can add them to a negative list for future reference.
- Bad guys create accounts on my site and even if I delete the account, I can’t stop them from signing back up again and creating another account. Can Kount help?
- When a visitor has been flagged as a “bad actor”, whether that includes payment fraud, new account creation or account takeover - you want them off the network. Kount helps permanently block these disruptors from gaining repeat access, reducing the chance of financial loss.
- Does Kount help stop “account takeover”?
- Yes, Kount can notify you when account takeover is attempted and deny access to the fraudster.
- Can I capture the data about the customers that purchase on my site?
- Yes. Kount’s robust reporting and business intelligence tools lets you run reports on almost anything, giving you insight that can help enhance customer satisfaction, sales and marketing.