Accept More Players, Reduce Risk
Kount protects some of the world’s largest and best-known game brands. Online, role-playing, free-to-play, mobile and MMO games are among the riskiest segments in the ecommerce world.
Kount offers online game companies unique features that make it easy to accept more new customers and control fraud losses.
- 300 millisecond average response time, no wait to approve good players
- Players can use any payment type you accept
- Velocity, IP proxy, active/passive device ID, customizable rules
- Advanced mobile fraud detection
- Serving international gamers from 180 countries
- Real-time monitoring of transactions to detect organized fraud
We don’t play games with fraud. See how Kount helped Jagex increase credit card revenue, reduce rejected orders by 50% and increase long-term membership conversions by 4%.
Download the case study
Simply fill out the form below and you will receive a download link in an email.
Accept More Players with Kount
Kount for Games
Over the years and after millions of transaction reviews, Kount has developed a core set of rules, dashboards, scoring models and reports specifically to help game companies with integration, management, marketing and incremental revenue.
Kount for Games has been optimized to help you get up and running quickly, often in as little as two weeks, so you can maximize sales opportunities, increase acceptance of good customers and detect and prevent fraud now.
Real-Time Analysis and Scoring
Players don’t want to wait to play, purchase or move on to new levels.
The Kount Score is a highly accurate way to quantify the risk of fraudulent activity using real-time information from billions of purchase attempts, logins and account creations. Reviewing hundreds of data points, the Kount Risk Inquiry System generates the Kount Score in an average of only 300 milliseconds, for every transaction. You can even customize your own score to meet your specific needs.
Multiple Interlocking Technologies
The Kount platform includes features such as: active and passive device identification (including mobile device ID), velocity checks, IP geo-location, proxy detection and Persona™ linking technology to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. And, the AutoAgent™ feature eliminates the need for time consuming manual order reviews.
With Kount’s award-winning fraud detection, you’ll be able to tell the good guys from the bad guys, allowing more good customers to play. Accept more players, increase revenues and lower fraud losses.
Schedule a Demo
Increase conversions today, schedule a live demo.
At Kount, even our customers find it hard to believe that our Kount Complete™ solution works as well as it does. So, why not see for yourself? In just a few minutes we’ll show you how better fraud detection and prevention can lead to increased sales, fewer orders declined and operational efficiencies that reduce the overall cost of your fraud/risk mitigation process. Make every transaction Kount.
Request a demo today and a Kount representative will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Ready to see more?
Start streamlining your fraud and risk management operation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I use 3D Secure but it seems to slow down approvals and gets too many issuer declines, what can Kount do to help with this?
- 3D Secure was not developed for speed or optimal acceptance of good transactions. And, while it is required for regulatory compliance in some regions around the world, it can be a conversion killer in other regions. Game companies are generally global in scope and need to have a solution that does not require a 3D Secure approach. We have several clients that show better results using Kount as their fraud mitigation solution than 3D Secure tools. See Jagex case study.
- We have developed an in-house fraud system, why would I need Kount?
- Many game companies have sophisticated models for managing fraud built with internal resources. This can be a good stop-gap solution initially, but most companies soon find the resources needed to enhance and maintain the system to keep ahead of fraudsters can be scarce. This also results in a reactive strategy rather than a proactive approach. Kount has a proven track record of working with in-house fraud systems to replicate current models, rule sets, etc., and improve on them without placing demands on internal resources. Our enterprise fraud engine draws on millions of transactions in the online game space and helps us react faster than in-house systems alone.
- We can often detect “bad actors” in our system, banish them and delete their account but it is difficult to keep them out, can Kount help?
- Keeping good customers “paying and playing” is critical to online game companies. When a player has been flagged as a “bad actor” or disruptive to other players, whether that includes payment fraud, new account creation, account takeover or other behavior that takes away from good players experience, you want them off the network. Kount can help permanently block these players from gaining repeat access, reducing the chance of financial loss and good customers leaving.
- We use our own virtual currency as well as other standard payment methods for subscriptions, in game purchases, etc., is the Kount system still effective in this environment?
- Absolutely. Kount works with any payment type (both real and virtual), from any platform and from anywhere in the world.
- Reducing fraud is important, but if it slows down access or game play it may be worse that no fraud detection at all, right?
- Players expect to play, now. They don’t want to wait or be given special instructions before they are allowed to play or purchase. Kount responds to transaction information in an average of just 300 milliseconds, often faster than the bank's approval, so there is no delay in play.