Fast, Accurate Protection Against Ticketing Fraud
Ready to see more?
Start streamlining your fraud and risk management operation today!
For online ticket merchants, detecting fraud is a very specific and difficult challenge. Advances in m-commerce and e-commerce add to the complexity of the problem. Knowing whether a transaction is legitimate or not on ticket sales can make the difference between profits and losses in no time.
Kount has been helping ticket merchants Boost Sales and Beat Fraud™ for years with features such as:
- Time, date, location status
- Any payment type reviewed
- 300 millisecond response time
- Mobile device detection & mobile SDK for custom development
- Reduced manual review of orders
Accept More Orders with Kount
Real-Time Analysis and Scoring
Customers don’t want to wait for downloads to start. Many 3rd party fraud systems and in-house systems simply don’t work optimally in today’s “instant demand” environment.
The Kount Score is a highly accurate way to quantify the risk of fraudulent activity using real-time information from billions of purchase attempts, logins and account creations. The Kount Risk Inquiry System generates the Kount Score pulling from hundreds of data points in an average of just 300 milliseconds, for every transaction.
Multiple Interlocking Technologies
Fraudsters are smart, sophisticated and determined to steal from you. That’s why the Kount platform uses dozens of techniques and patented technologies to stop fraud before losses occur.
The Kount award-winning platform includes features such as: active and passive device identification (including mobile device ID), velocity checks, IP geo-location, proxy detection and Persona™ linking technology to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. And, the AutoAgent™ feature eliminates the need for time consuming manual order reviews.
More information on Device ID, Mobile Detection, Proxy Piercer®, Persona™ and AutoAgent™ can be found on our Kount Complete™ products page.
Order Linking and Dynamic Scoring™
Order Linking reveals hidden connections between multiple transactions originating from the same fraudster or criminal network in real time. Kount uses patented technology to show associations that are proven to be risky and fraudulent.
Dynamic Scoring™ is a feature that monitors a transaction for signs of fraudulent activity even after a transaction has been approved. This “post-authorization” process has proven highly successful at associating subsequent suspicious activity to previous purchases. The merchant can evaluate the order and decline to ship—avoiding the loss of the goods and a chargeback.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We allow instant downloads of etickets upon order approval, I can’t wait for a fraud review, how long does Kount take?
- Kount was born in the digital goods and digital delivery space. We understand that delays during checkout mean lost revenue. That’s why the entire Kount process takes just 300 milliseconds. No wait for you or your customer.
- I need to know when, where, etc., on a transaction so I can determine if the order is within guidelines for attending events, what info does Kount provide?
- The Kount platform looks at hundreds of data elements to determine if each transaction is valid. This includes technologies like device ID, velocity checks, IP proxy, geolocation and time/date stamps. Using Kount’s rules engine can help establish guides for order acceptance based on your parameters of each event or ticket sold.
- We use a 3D Secure type process (Verified by Visa®, MasterCard® SecureCode™, etc.), isn’t that enough to reduce my fraud?
- 3D Secure-type products can help reduce fraud, but they often cause a reduction in conversion rates at checkout. Requiring the customer to go through additional steps during the checkout process results in lower conversions and reduced revenues. Kount works in the background so customers don’t need to fill out additional forms or remember passwords to complete their purchase. Several Kount customers have mentioned that they have reduced the need or eliminated their 3D Secure option altogether since implementing Kount. (See the Jagex Case Study)
- Our customers have begun moving to the mobile channel very rapidly, does Kount offer mobile fraud reduction?
- Kount has several ways to protect your mobile transactions. Kount determines whether or not the transaction is originating from a mobile device, provides detailed information about that device such as active and passive device ID, location, etc., and reviews the transaction in the same manner as any other transaction with the additional benefit of creating specific rules for mobile devices that match your business strategy. If you are developing your own app, Kount also offers a Mobile Software Developers Kit (SDK) for ease of adding fraud protection.