Kount ® is a leading innovator of solutions for fraud and risk management. Kount delivers an all-in-one fraud and risk management solution for companies that have card-not-present environments looking to simplify their fraud/risk operations while dramatically improving bottom line results. Kount provides a single, turnkey fraud solution that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Kount’s proprietary technology has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and provides maximum protection for some of the world’s best-known brands.
compensation and benefits packages,
Job Summary: The Data Scientist exploits Kount’s rich data set with algorithms to provide certainty in digital interactions. They work with a cross-functional team to deploy machine learning models in a real-time production environment. The successful candidate will independently pursue research tasks to achieve objectives defined by senior researchers and product owners. This is not an analyst position, but rather an R&D role where the scientist works with developers, operations, and quality assurance engineers to integrate novel and state-of-the-art artificial intelligence algorithms with a high-availability, scalable platform. Kount evaluates millions of transactions a day, each in a fraction of a second, to determine risk for our customers. The Data Scientist automates the path from data to decisions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develop and tune statistical learning models for data analysis in fraud environments.
- Collaborate with senior researchers and cross-functional members to understand team needs and devise possible solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends.
- Communicate results and ideas to team members and project stakeholders.
- Implement statistical and mathematical methodologies as defined in papers and other references.
- Validate and verify models before and after deploying to production.
- Adhere to appropriate data management, model governance, and version control policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years project experience (or Masters + 2 years or PhD + 0 years) in network science, graph theory, and supervised and unsupervised classification techniques: Bayesian analysis, support vector machines, neural networks, or boosted or bagged decision trees.
- Successful research documented by publications and/or a PhD or Master’s Degree in computational science, natural science, applied math, or engineering field.
- Experience with real time constraints from applications such as payment fraud risk assessment, robotics, conversational natural language processing, or real-time computer vision/signal processing.
- Programming skill in Python, Scala, or Java and machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib (preferred), Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or Keras.
- Experience with large scale data storage and retrieval like RDBMS, NoSQL databases, or HDFS.
- Written and oral communication skills to advocate for AI and machine learning within Kount
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.