compensation and benefits packages,
Job Summary: The Fraud Analyst will support Kount’s Managed Service efforts and assist in preventing fraudulent credit card purchases for our merchants’ websites. The Analyst will work directly with the Client Success Manager and collaborate with merchants to achieve the goal of reducing chargebacks for the merchant while maintaining their bottom line through rule management and manual review efforts.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform manual reviews of transactions held in merchant’s Suspect Orders queue.
- Perform timely problem resolution to determine if Suspect Orders should be approved or declined within agreed service level agreements.
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft and similar other risks.
- Communicate technical issues, problems and solutions to a varied audience of technical and non-technical personnel. Document said issues, resolutions and best practices.
- Provide regular feedback on identified fraud patterns to assigned merchant(s).
- Accessibility to merchants for troubleshooting and order review assistance.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvements and identification of opportunities to increase efficiencies within the Managed Services offering.
- Ongoing participation in opportunities to improve knowledge around fraud practices and industry trends.
- Provide regular feedback to internal product team to improve Kount tools and technologies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field preferred; or, appropriate combination of education and work experience. 2+ years of previous credit card fraud prevention experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills like pattern recognition, identification of inconsistencies and deductive reasoning.
- Innate curiosity, tenacity and persistence needed to pursue root cause of fraudulent activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including good grammar and syntax.
- Natural inquisitive nature and appreciation for doing research and investigative type of work.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual in possession of good judgment and strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment and ability to multi-task.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all company, merchant and consumer information collected during investigations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.