Reports To: Group Product Manager
Location: Boise, ID
As an integral member of the Kount product team, the Product Owner holds the product vision that will be executed by the development teams for our core services. The Product Owner will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to build capabilities and features which create and enhance product offerings. He or she will work with the development teams to translate these features into user stories, as well as provide validation that features are complete before release. The Product Owner will have the ability to shape the future of products at Kount through insights, analysis, definition and communication and help bring a vision to fruition.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Serve as primary product and business representative as a team member of agile development teams.
- Work with the Product Management team to define product features and enhancements, with a clear understanding for how these can be broken down into buildable elements.
- Author user stories for the development team based on product features and enhancements.
- Manage and prioritize the backlog of features and stories based on the strategic product roadmap and product strategy.
- Review and approve deliverables prepared by the development team.
- Schedule and lead cross-functional team meetings to surface issues and work through solution design as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of internal systems and systems architecture.
- Assess developmental needs and collaborate with others to identify and implement action plans to support the development of high performing teams.
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to answer product or operational related questions and incorporate the analysis into future decision-making processes.
- Work closely with Product Marketing to translate technical aspects in order to support go-to-market strategy and deliverables.
- Partner with constituents to balance creative vision with development constraints, enabling teams to create features that satisfy the company’s roadmap.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 or more years of software product experience, preferably within a product owner, product management, or business analyst role.
- 3 or more years of proven success in a fast-paced product-centric role, working with multiple agile teams in a Scrum environment.
- Experience defining and writing software requirements and user stories.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals who possess a broad variety of technology and business knowledge and who possess multiple different communication styles and information- processing methods.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of agile development processes and Scrum methodology.
- Strong organization, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with SAAS, payments, e-commerce or other web based products.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately and to substantiate decisions with information and experience.
- Bias for teamwork, action, results and speed.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with JIRA or another ticket/issue tracking tool.
- Domain knowledge related to ecommerce, mobile, payments, fraud, risk or loss prevention.
- Demonstrated experience balancing technical constraints, timelines and user experience.
- Experience developing and using buyer and user personas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse
- Requires sitting for long periods of time
- Casual work environment