Kount ® is a leading innovator of solutions for fraud and risk management. Kount delivers an all-in-one fraud and risk management solution for companies that have card-not-present environments looking to simplify their fraud/risk operations while dramatically improving bottom line results. Kount provides a single, turnkey fraud solution that is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Kount’s proprietary technology has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and provides maximum protection for some of the world’s best-known brands.
compensation and benefits packages,
Job Summary: As a Software Engineer on one of our agile teams, you will solve challenging technology problems and build architecturally sound, high-quality software that provides unique solutions to emerging market problems. You will achieve success through communicating, collaborating, and developing creative and performant solutions to fight fraud in the payment industry. You should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that has a passion for web development, can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate effective, respectful, and honest communication when collaborating with colleagues including cross-functional team consisting of QA, Operations, and other team members.
- Apply development and testing best practices and demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions (expected within first three months).
- Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from Analysis & Design all the way through to successful Deployment (expected within first six months).
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services (expected within first nine months).
- Deliver on company initiatives and projects prioritized for your team and support long term technical vision.
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Show determination and discipline in identifying and driving forward improvements and innovations that add value to Kount and move the IT organization forward.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills and understanding of computer science principles.
- Full-stack development experience.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with distributed systems, relational databases, and NoSQL systems.
- Experience in at least one modern, structured programming language such as PHP, Go, Python.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache, Linux, and UNIX tools/utilities.
- Experience with OWASP, PCI Data Security, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Casual work environment.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.