compensation and benefits packages,
Software Engineer (Front-end Development)
Job Summary: The successful candidate will join a team of bright, hard-working engineers who are using OOP and Agile processes to design and implement unique solutions to emerging market problems. This position will be focused on front-end development. The candidate should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that has a passion for web development, can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable.
- Develop SaaS solutions as a member of an Agile Project Team responsible for our web portal.
- Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from Analysis & Design all the way through to successful Deployment.
- Apply development and testing best practices to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
- Communicate clearly and collaborate with the team on both individual and group projects.
- Work closely with technical writers, designers, and the team to document features and changes.
- Demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship and help foster an engineering culture focused on building high quality products and software.
- Design software solutions that adhere to software architecture principles and support long term technical vision.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership of Kount’s Services.
- Demonstrate positive behaviors including innovation, teamwork, customer focus, and effective, respectful, and honest communication.
- Help guide front-end application architecture, including testing patterns and process.
- Work closely with design team to refine and implement solutions focused on usability and data driven design.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years professional software development experience in a web-based environment, preferably SaaS delivery model.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering high quality software solutions.
- Experience with at least one modern front-end application framework (React, Angular, VueJS) and working knowledge of architecture patterns.
- Comfortable utilizing CSS/design frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Material).
- Experience in at least one modern, structured programming language such as PHP, Java, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with Relational Databases and NoSQL systems.
- Experience upgrading legacy systems to scale horizontally.
- Background working with internet scale web systems preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in Apache, Linux, and UNIX tools/utilities (bash, cron).
- Experience with frameworks such as Spring, Django, Rails, Zend. Laravel preferred.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in collaborative team environment.
- Project leadership experience a plus.
- Background in credit card and financial services a plus.
- Including links to open source contributions, GitHub or other portfolio resources during application process is strongly encouraged.
- Knowledge and experience with OWASP Web Security Certification Criteria, OWASP testing guidelines, and PCI Data Security Standards is preferred.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to email@example.com.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.