For High-Volume Login,
Account Creation and Affiliate Networks
Account takeover fraud is on the rise and passwords alone are insufficient to protect accounts from unauthorized access. Kount Access is a lightweight, data-rich service for digital businesses that intelligently challenges or blocks unknown and malicious users while providing a low-friction user experience for good customers.
- Account Takeover Fraud Protection - Identify fraudsters at the login page and prevent them from accessing the account
- Brute Force Attack Prevention - Stop fraudsters trying to manually or programmatically attempt to compromise an account.
- Trusted Device Status - Allow users to establish a trusted device to reduce friction after the first logon, while maintaining a higher level of authentication.
- Anomaly Detection - Detect high-risk, anomalous login activity through real-time velocities checks to determine whether a login should be allowed, declined, or challenged.
How Kount Access™ Works:
- When the user attempts to log in to your digital service such as a website or native app, Kount Access goes to work behind the scenes.
- Kount Access analyzes user behavior and the device - including whether or not it is trusted. It derives critical data such as velocities associated with previous login attempts. The velocities are analyzed against thresholds you set for your decline or allow decision.
- In milliseconds, all data, including threshold analysis results, are delivered to your business logic or IAM platform for evaluation.
- You can then determine, based on your own risk policies, whether access should be approved or declined, or whether it should trigger a second factor of authentication.
Checked and Cross-Checked
Kount Access cross-checks each individual component with several other components to calculate the velocity of related login attempts, in 250 ms, to keep the login process fast and frictionless. These velocities help you determine whether a login should be allowed, declined, or challenged with secondary authentication.
Data You Need
Kount Access provides dozens of velocity checks and essential data to help determine the legitimacy of users and account owners. Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Velocities or instances of:
- Unique passwords for a single username
- Unique usernames for a single device
- Unique IP addresses associated with a single device
- Unique devices associated with a single IP address
- Device and IP data including:
- IP proxy and TOR detection
- Device geolocation
- Device fingerprint
- Trusted device status
- Device type
Protection You Want
Kount Access can be employed in several use cases, helping validate legitimate account owners and reduce risk and loss associated with fraudulent activity.
- Validate that legitimate users and account owners are granted access
- Create a low-friction experience for good customers
- Improve business decisions via insightful behavior and device information