Kount GDPR Compliance
Kount Inc. performs real-time e-commerce internet order evaluations for merchants based on personal data provided to Kount by merchants around the world. Some of the data Kount processes originate from people located in the European Union, making such processing subject to the EU’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will become effective May 25, 2018.
Kount acknowledges its obligations under the GDPR and is committed to providing best in class fraud prevention services in compliance with the GDPR. Data protection and security are, and always have been, a top priority at Kount. In addition to its proprietary security technologies, Kount is a PCI Level 1 service provider and undergoes extensive auditing every year to ensure Kount’s technologies and processes are safe and secure. Kount, as a data processor under the GDPR, is fully committed to safeguarding the personal data of all people whose data Kount processes, including those located in the EU.
Kount will be fully compliant with the GDPR by the May 25, 2018 effective date. Some of the specific steps Kount is taking to ensure compliance with the GDPR include the following:
- Working with Merchants to update existing contracts
- Working with Sub-processors to update existing contracts for third-party services
- When necessary, incorporating GDPR specific provisions in future contracts
- Upon request, carrying out data subject’s various rights provided by the GDPR
- Revising policies and procedures related to data collection and privacy
We are always here to help our customers. If you have any questions about Kount’s preparation for the GDPR, please reach out to your account manager and we will be happy to help.