compensation and benefits packages,
Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Summary: We are looking for a passionate Business Intelligence Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The successful candidate will conduct lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and partner with database administrators and data warehouse analysts to maintain data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data, review computer reports, printouts and performance indicators to locate and identify gaps
- Work closely with management and merchant groups to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven working experience working with available data within a business.
- Technical experience regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, reporting writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum).
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in collaborative team environment.
- Project leadership experience
- Background in credit card, financial services or Fraud a plus
- Familiarity with Kount, Pentaho BI, Vertica and Oracle databases and/or other big data platforms
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job performed at a desk in front of a computer.
- Requires heavy use of keyboard and mouse.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Requires working knowledge of inserter, meter and printer.
- Casual work environment.
Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Qualified candidates should apply online here.
Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.